We are so pleased with the success of our online meetings, and we appreciate the effort you make to join us each week and all the ways you continue to support CSL Midtown. As a spiritual community, we are eager to meet back in person for our Sunday Celebration services. We miss you! As the COVID-19 Pandemic continues to unfold, the safety of our community members, visitors, and staff is our highest priority. While we affirm and know nothing but perfect health and wholeness for all of you, we are not willing to risk possible infection spread by holding face to face gatherings. Because of this, we have made the decision to suspend in-person services for the remainder of 2020. As disappointing as this seems, we are excited to provide virtual services on Zoom and Facebook Live! Rev Dr Bob Deen and the Board of Trustees are currently exploring ideas to improve our online experience. We welcome your ideas and feedback, and look forward to serving you in even more creative ways. We believe this is an opportunity for CSL Midtown to grow and thrive in new and unexpected ways—let us see who we become! Communication is the key to making this work! Please stay connected and informed via:
Join us as we continue the CSL Home Office’s program that walks through the SOM textbook with the goal of firmly grounding all followers in the SOM philosophy. Due to COVID-19 closures, our talks will be online via Zoom at our usual time of 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Oct 4: Just Like Me – Knowing that we are each a reflection of the Infinite Self, we can move towards an understanding that everyone around us reflects ourselves. And just like me, everyone is doing the best they can, with what they have, in the time that they have. When we can find compassion for ourselves in doing the best that we can, we are able to transfer our compassion to those around us.
Affirmation: Today I reflect all of God’s Good outwardly so that each person I meet can have the same experience of Good through me.
Oct 11: Inextricably Connected – We are inseparable from God. The one bridge that links all of life together is the Divine Intelligence that is back of all things. It is in our nature to be in community, to feel connected and to establish a sense of belonging. What can we do to release barriers of being connected?
Affirmation: God is! I Am! We Are!
Oct 18: Bridge Over Troubled Water, Guest Speaker Rev Cynthia McCarthy – Forgiveness is healing. There are many cultures that do healing and forgiveness work together as a community. Because we are inextricably connected, and reflections of the Divine, how do we become the bridge over troubled waters for our personal healing and the healing of our communities? How can we build bridges of unconditional acceptance for one another and for ourselves?
Affirmation: I am whole. I am healed. I am loved. I forgive and I am forgiven.”
Oct 25: Bridges That Last – Think of the world’s oldest bridges. What makes them last through the test of time? A good foundation, the right materials, an engineer inspired to build something that will last for centuries. The same can be said for building lasting, heart-felt and healthy relationships. Building bridges that last is the process of creating sustainable, collaborative community partnerships. Building a bridge for a world that works for everyone.
Affirmation: I am an important part of the whole in a world that works for everyone. Who I am makes a difference.
- 10:00-10:50 Adult Study Group Discussion of The Science of Mind textbook
- 10:30-10:45 Meditation
- 11:00-12:00 Sunday Celebration with Dr. Bob Deen (See above)
- 11:00-12:00 Youth Program for ages 3-12
- 11:00-12:00 Teen Program ages 13-18 (First 3 Sundays of the month)
- 12:00-12:30 Fellowship & Coffee (First Sunday of the month)
- 12:15-12:30 Newcomer Introduction (Second Sunday of the month)
Sep 2020 –
- Sep 6: A Question of Faith
- Sep 13: Skepticism, Doubt and Faith
- Sep 20: Do You Have Faith or Are You Had By Faith
- Sep 26: Just Do It
August 2020 – Inclusion in Action
- Aug 2: Let’s Get Together and Feel Alright
- Aug 9: Who Are We?
- Aug 16: Color Blind or Color Full
- Aug 23: Better Together
- Aug 30: We Are
July 2020 – Unchained Spirituality
- July 5: Free at Last
- July 12: None Are Free Until All Are Free
- July 19: The Truth Will Set You Free
- July 26: The Tao of Freedom
June 2020 – Mindfulness for Mavericks
- June 7: Just Breath
- June 14: Mindful Intentions
- June 21: Mindful Speech
- June 28: Mindful Action
May 2020 – Listen to Your Heart
- May 3: Seat of the Soul
- May 10: Listen to Your Heart
- May 17: The Great Work of Your Life
- May 24: The Path Made Clear
- May 31: These Hands
April 2020 – Bright Beginnings
- Apr 5: Bright Beginnings
- Apr 12: Broken Open
- Apr 19: Your Future is Unwritten
- Apr 26: Fire in the Belly
March 2020: We see the Divine Feminine beyond gender. It is the Givingness of Spirit to Itself
- Mar 1: The wHoly Re-Imagined
- Mar 8: Our Living Legacy
- Mar 15: The Law as Womb
- Mar 22: Nurturing as Strength
- Mar 29: Spirit Is Every Gender
February 2020: All the Colors of Love
- Feb 2: For the Love of God
- Feb 9: The Body Is Not an Apology
- Feb 16: It’s Like You’re My Mirror, guest Rev Cath DePalma
- Feb 23: Sacred Sexuality
January 2020: Getting Grounded
- Jan 5: In The Beginning: God
- Jan 12: The Power of Thought
- Jan 19: The Principles of Successful Living
- Jan 26: What the Mystics Have Taught